Friday, February 19, 2010

appts.

Olivia had her orthotics appt. today and got new shoes (which she HATES) for them. The inserts are pretty cute, they look like melted crayon (I just heard that said about something a few days ago, which was ironic, because I haven't thought of melted crayons for a while). She has to break them in, she wore them an hour today, and then tomorrow she wears them for 3 hours, and the next day 5 hours, and so on... We went to physical therapy and she was so happy to see Paddy (her therapist) but wasn't about to wear the new shoes. She loves Paddy! Seeing her is one of the highlights of the week. It was extra nice today because she didn't feel great and I think it cheered her up a little. After that she went home and gave her new doll an IV. :) She had her shot yesterday and lately has been getting pretty bad headaches from it each week, plus her leg was giving her a lot of pain.

I should've called the wound clinic for her today because the scar tissue on her elbows is looking thicker each week, but I think I might wait to see what Dr. Birmingham says about it next week. Looking forward to that visit, we are going to get some blood count levels, I am curious to see what her CPK score is... I believe that is the score that measures disease activity? I will have to ask again, too much to remember. He told us at the last visit that her labs were improving but were still far from normal.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment